Colron Wood Dye penetrates into the wood grain producing a rich depth of colour and highlighting the beauty of the wood.
- Penetrates the wood grain
- Produces a beautiful depth of colour
- Specially formulated to be overcoated with Ronseal Ultra Tough Clear Varnish
- Area of use: Interior Wood
- Application: Cloth
- 6 Hours
Colour wood with dyeview
You will need: Colron Wood Dye
- Test for colour on matching cut off of wood, or an inconspicuous area.
- Apply to clean, smooth bare wood surface, rubbing the Colron Wood Dye along the grain with a dry lint free cloth.
- Allow to dry for 6 hours before applying a finish.
- Overcoat with Ronseal Varnish for ultimate protection.
Are the Colron Wood Dye colours inter-mixable?view
Yes, be sure to shake the dye thoroughly before and after mixing. Always mix enough dye to complete the job.
On the Colron Wood Dye can it says apply one coat, why is this?view
Colron Wood Dyes give very intense colours in one coat so there is little need to apply further coats. However if you need to make the colour more intense you may add further coats but remember to buff off any excess after drying before any application
How can I protect Colron Wood Dye?view
Use Ronseal Ultra Tough Clear Varnish. Clear waxes can be used over the top of Colron Wood Dye to give a coloured wax effect.
Can I use wood dye on a floor?view
Yes, However you will need to apply the required level of protection afterwards, Using Ronseal Diamond Hard Floor Varnish.
Can wood dye be used outside?view
No, the pigments in the wood dyes will fade very quickly outside.
How can I remove wood dye?view
Wood Dye penetrates the wood and so sanding is the only way to remove it from the surface.
Can I use a dye over filler?view
The filler will take a wood dye to some extent however not the same extent as the surrounding wood. A wood filler closest to the intended finish is a something to consider.